Light's Color On Mcc Cubicle

M. Bravo

I would like to know, If someone can give me the international standard number where I can find the "right" color of the light located on MCC cubicle (door) and according to the motor condition.

Eg. Motor run "Red light" turn on

motor stop "Green Light" turn on

O/Load fail "Yellow Light" turn on

And What is the right color for the start/stop button cover:

Eg. Start use the green button

Stop use the red button

thanks a lot

There is unfortunately no universally accepted international standard. There are standards, but they are not followed everywhere. The colors you described are what fits the general consensus.
"He's not dead, he's just pinin' for the fjords!"

There is unfortunately no universally accepted international standard. There are standards, but they are not followed everywhere. The colors you described are what fits the general consensus.

tHANKS Jraef.

I am designing for and oil/gas platform, the client does not have a standard about that. Could you send me the number of one or two stardard in order to design using it.

Hi Bravo,

as you wrote "Run indicating light is red", we have a different coloring standard for indicating light. In my office, we use the green indicating light for run status based on our DESIGN STANDARD DRAWING and accepted as a local standard of company.

Generally, push button and indicating light product should conform to standards NEMA ICS-5, EN418, EN60947-5-1, EN60947-5-5

regards,

I have worked at many machines for trouble shooting and observed the following colors for indication but as Mr.Jraef stated, there is no slandered.

Motor ON = Green

Motor OFF = Red

Motor Over Load = Yellow

Power On = White

Abnormal = Blue

"Don't assume any thing, always check/ask and clear yourself".

According to BS / EN 60204, pilot lights should be used as follows.

Red - Hazardous condition

Yellow - Abnormal condition, impending critical condition

Green - Normal condition

Blue - Condition requires action by operator

White - Used for everything else

I don't have any IEC standards for push button colors.

For the US, the pilot light definitions from NFPA 79 (machinery):

RED - Danger or alarm, abnormal condition requiring immediate attention

YELLOW (AMBER) - Attention, caution / marginal condition. Change or impending change of conditions

GREEN - Machine ready; Safety

WHITE - Normal Condition Confirmation

BLUE - Any function not covered by the above colors

NFPA79 for Push Buttons is:

RED: Estop, Stop or Off

Green: Start or ON except that Black, White or Gray are permitted.

Pushbuttons that act alternately for OFF/ON shall be Black, white or gray.

JOG or a button that causes movement when pressed and stops when released shall be Black, white, gray or blue with preference on black.

The tricky thing is when you get into other industries, they may have their own standards, i.e. the printing industry appears to have their own, and pumping gets confusing because the "safe" condition may mean the opposite of what you might think it does. then when you get into valves, is "safe" open or closed?

"He's not dead, he's just pinin' for the fjords!"